Friday, September 25, 2009

Postcard Friendship Friday


Two stunning Baltimore, Maryland, bakery trade cards from the 1880s sporting a variety of finely rendered cranes!  Each reads:  "Compliments of James Beatty & Co." at the top.  Beatty was a baker of steam crackers and cakes.  Imagine how handsome these would look framed!  Excellent condition.


I have no information about who painted these lovely landscapes with cranes! These are quite expensive vintage postcards.

Visit Marie Reed at Cpaphil-Vintage Postcards for more participants.

P.S. I joined "Postcrossing" this week and sent out my first postcard!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh yes indeed....they are lovely postcards. And yes, I can imagine they must be worth quite a bit. Thank you for sharing them.

I hope your day today is beautiful

Marie Reed said...

Hooray Mary! Postcrossing is certainly addictive! These are really soft and lovely cards. I need to eat a steamed cracker while I gawk at them a little longer!

Labels