Saturday, October 3, 2009

Weekend Reflections






I didn't notice the reflection of the tree in front of this old 19th (18th?) century cannon until I was looking for a photo for James's Weekend Reflections meme.  I think you can see the reflection best  in the first photo where I sighted down the barrel with my camera.

The location for these shots is Ft. Schuyler in the Bronx, New York. You are looking across the point where the East River and the Long Island Sound meet. The land mass across the way is Douglaston.

James tells us to "feel free to be creative. Remember this meme is for any type of reflection."
 



11 comments:

James said...

That is a very original place to find a reflection. Great job.
I actually took some pictures like this at Valley Forge but I don't think I got a reflection.


Have a great weekend and keep on looking for wonderful reflections like this.

Jan said...

Good one, Mary. I like both photos.

Dimple said...

Good photos. I had to look at the second to understand the first, tho', so I'm glad you included it!

Regina said...

Nice reflection!

Carletta said...

What a nice spot to spend some time!
I wouldn't have thought to look for the reflection on the cannon. :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

gosh, well spotted!

Becky said...

This is different Mary. I never would have spotted the reflection.
Excellant, Teach.
B.

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought cannons. Neat.

VP said...

This is one of the most original reflections I have seen today! Well chosen, great idea.

Dianne said...

lovely scene
and showing the 2 perspectives is brilliant

nicquee said...

Very creative and unique.

I liked how the sun's rays peer through the leaves of the tree.

Labels