Thursday, November 5, 2009

Postcard Friendship Friday



I received the postcard below from Peg Vasseur in New Brunswick, Canada. We have been exchanging postcards for a while. I also wanted you to see the pretty 96 cents stamp from Canada.

An interesting fact about New Brunswick:

The world's longest covered bridge was completed in Hartland in 1899. It's 390 metres ( 1,282 feet ) long and spans the Saint John River. There are 62 covered bridges in the province. Many of them are in the Sussex area of Kings County- the Covered Bridge Capital of Atlantic Canada. Be sure to make a wish as you drive through. (Oh, and ask one of the locals to tell you why covered bridges are called Kissing Bridges) !

You can see the bridge on the postcard center left.





Marie this is my offering for Postcard Friendship Friday. Thanks so much for hosting.


11 comments:

Postcardy said...

I wonder how many of the 62 covered bridges are on postcards.

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

Hello maryteach,
I've visited most of New Brunswick but not Hartland yet. My focus has been on the Acadian northwestern shore where my ancestors lived (as well as Shediac and Moncton).
evelynteach in Montreal

viridian said...

Very pretty stamp!!!

hristine said...

That's an area I have always wanted to visit. Why is it that we go to Europe instead?

MaR said...

Love that kind of postcards and lovely stamp too!!
My PFF.

Marie Reed said...

62 bridges, wishes, and kisses! I need to book a plane ticket lickety split. The stamp is truly lovely.. what soft lovely colours!

Sheila said...

A really lovely map card, I love that type. Kisses and wishes? Is there a link between the two, I wonder?

A Plethora of Postcards said...

Fun map postcard. And fun to see the close up on the beautiful stamp. Thanks!

Beth Niquette said...

A kissing bridge??? Well, that sounds kind of fun! Lovely postcard! Happy PFF!

steviewren said...

62 kissing bridges...I'm making my travel arrangements today!

AnitaNH said...

Happy PFF. I am so glad to read your post on the longest covered bridge. It has just reminded me of a photo which I am going to post right now so do take a look!

Labels