Sunday, April 5, 2009

SOOC Sunday




Photobucket

The weeping willows at Golden Pond are really beginning to show their leaves!

Jan at Murrieta 365 has a message for all of us who participate in SOOC Sunday:

"It's hard to believe this is the 23rd week we've done this!
Thank all the regular participants for hanging out with me."



Do you ever take a photo that you love; it comes out so well, (straight from the camera), that you're not tempted to do anything with it. It's wonderful and you want to share it. I've decided to start a new meme - Straight Out Of the Camera Sunday. I'll host it here, each Sunday. So put your thinking cap on, scroll through your files and decide what to post. The subject is open, no weekly theme, just have fun. On Sunday morning, actually at 12:00 PM PST, on Saturday, I post my SOOC Sunday, and Mr. Linky.

What are the rules? On any Sunday you can post any photo you like (it must be one of your own) that hasn’t been tweaked or altered in any way (cropping is OK). In other words Straight Out Of the Camera.



theteach



2 comments:

Jan said...

Great capture, Mary. That's some serious Weeping, there.

Tom said...

Hi Mary...
One local name I have heard this called is the Aspirin Tree... Your picture bought that name to mind so it was off to Google and came up with this..

"Willow trees produce an abundant, milky sap. Within the sap is a substance called salicylic acid. In 1763, a British minister named Edward Stone did experiments on willow sap and identified and isolated salicylic acid. The acid caused too much stomach upset to be widely used until 1897 when a chemist named Felix Hoffman created a synthetic version which was gentle on the stomach. His company, Bayer, produced his invention as the first aspirin."

I have also been reading up on Orange Judd.... so thank you for the link you left me... I read that he married twice and his first wife give birth to four babies but only one survived
The grave you showed on Paintbox Pictures must have been those...

I do enjoy seeing where certain post lead to at time, and I still get a buzz when I learn something new.. ;O)

Labels